In this blog post I am challenging you to change the way you think and speak for the next 24 hours.
We all want happy and satisfying lives however if we closely examine our thoughts and the words that we use when speaking to and about others, we will soon realise just how much negative energy we generate in our own lives and allow to circulate in the world around us.
When faced with life’s challenges, our conditioned behaviour and automatic responses tend to be more negative than positive
We all know what negative energy feels like. It can come from other people, our surroundings and our own mindset.
Negative energy can leave us both mentally and physically exhausted.
The effect of both thinking and speaking negatively is pretty far reaching and pollutes all levels of our life experience.
Negative energy affects us mentally, emotionally, and physically.
The 2 main effects of thinking and speaking negatively are:
- The impact on your mood and outlook on life – Thinking and speaking negatively can make you feel hopeless, depressed, sad, angry, scared, unworthy etc. These negative feelings will no doubt impact your view of the world in general. These feelings can cause you to not trust people or situations and to always have your guard up. You may also shy away from expressing your desires and trying new things because you imagine a rejection or other negative outcome.
- The impact on your ability to achieve goals – Setting goals and meeting targets are extremely difficult when your mindset is negative. Thinking and speaking negatively make it difficult to think logically and to come up with creative ideas and solutions.
Other effects of being negative are:
- It affects the way people see you and can be damaging to your relationships and friendships.
- Its damaging to your health on all levels.
- It lowers your self esteem and confidence.
- It makes you feel drained.
- It just generally makes you unattractive.
Benefits of eliminating negative thoughts and speech
- More fulfilling relationships and stronger connections to people.
- Better mental and physical health and more stable mental well being.
- Lower levels of anxiety and depression.
- Will make you more attractive to others and place you in a better position to attract better opportunities for yourself
Habits that will help us to avoid thinking and speaking negatively:
- Avoid getting too involved in matters that don’t concern you. In other words mind your own business.
- Practice speaking and thinking positively.
- Stay focused on your goals.
- Focus on the present moment.
- Focus on finding practical solutions to challenging situations.
- Become aware when you find yourself veering towards saying or thinking anything negative and command yourself to stop
When you’re consistently positive – Life just seems to flow a whole lot better and you may feel a higher sense of purpose, peace, hope and meaning.
You may find that you’re able to manifest your desires more and also make better sense of your life experiences.
Our thoughts and words have a powerful frequency and carry an energy which has the effect of altering our reality and what we experience in life.
So with this in mind, we owe it to ourselves to be more mindful about our thoughts and spoken word in order to manifest our desired reality more effortlessly.
So here’s my challenge for you:
Over the next 24 hours observe yourself very closely and try to catch yourself every time you’re about to say or think something negative. When you find yourself veering towards saying or thinking something negative , dont beat yourself up but simply notice it and stop.
Your new level of self awareness is where the vital changes will begin to take place.